Quick update – Nurgle Rhino WIP

Hi all!

The work on the Nurgle Rhino is finally done. and ready for priming! In total there is about 5 hours work on this, and thats after the basic body was built. I finished the GS-ing last night, with the addition of the Nurgle icon eyeballs, and a couple more patches of goo. I added a couple of patches of sand as well here and there, which will be painted up like some sort of crusty disease when I paint it.  The only thing I need to do now is glue a spike on the (ex)Death Korps chap…

eyes to despise...

WIP – Destroyer Khador heavy Warjack

As promised in my December painting challenge, work has begun on the Destroyer! Work has also started on Eiryss too, but I took this picture before that began, so I’ll post some more pictures later.

destroyer

I want him to look work and battle weary. He’s going to have some rust spots and some chips, and snow clumped on him too. I was deliberatley slapdash with the highlighting to start giving him that ‘been in a few fights’ type look.

WIP – AoBR Black Templars Dreadnought

I recently went in on the Assault on Black Reach set with my buddy. He snaffled the Orks and a couple of SM bits and I had the remaining Space Marine figures. I want to do a Black Templar army and figured this would be a good way to get some troops and whatnot.

First up on the construction block is the dreadnought. The snap-fit assembly of the AoBR stuff is great, although some gaps are apparent. There is still a part of me that thinks that these snap-fit mini’s are somewhat ‘cheap’, but slowly I am suppressing that train of thought.

This fella was put together very quickly, and was very easy to do. I yoinked a couple of pieces from my Space Marine Battle Force sprues to add on as well. Unfortunately the casting of this dreadnought is such that unless you are prepared to do some really, and I mean really, intense converting, repositioning etc, he is in a kinda boring pose.

I added a couple more purity seals, a scroll on the left arm/shoulder area, a loin cloth and a banner. I am still undecided as to whether or not I should add a smoke grenade launcher just in front of the banner pole. 

I added a couple of pieces of debris to the base, not too much, as I don’t want it to detract from the final model. I have some ‘green-stuffing’ to do and some battle damage that I want to add as well. Watch this space for further developments!

For the Emperor!