Painting Black Templar marines

I just finished up a couple of articles (over there, in the ‘pages’ section ==>) on painting Black Templars. There is also a separate page for painting the robes, as I have had numerous requests as to how to do it. Hopefully  it will give you all a helping hand to get your loyalist zealots on the field quicker! I may add a couple more pictures up in the article, but my camera seems to be acting up, so I want to get that sorted out. Grrr!

You can clicky on this linky right here to get to the article.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Paul

Sisters ‘Angels of Deliverance’ Seraphim.

Well, I finally finished my Seraphim squad for my Sisters army.  I had one casualty while I was painting these, one of them fell over and the backpack pinged off. After an outburst of cursing it was taken care of, but this goes to show how unbalanced these minis are. Very top heavy. Take into account this was also on a flat surface. As anyone who has played against my sisters at Colins place will attest, they fall about all over the place as though the were drunk off their asses.  I have noticed, since taking these pictures last night and uploading them this morning, that there are a couple of touch ups I need to do, but anyway, here they are:

And there we have it. As I had mentioned in previous posts, I hope that we SoB players won’t have to wait too much longer for some updates, and new minis. With the recent Blood Angels release, with the fast attack squad having some pretty sweet ‘feathered’ wings, could this be a pointer for what else is in store…? Plastics are definitely the way forward, its just unfortunate that some of us are being held back.

C+C welcome!

Paul

Black Templars Chaplain completed!

Ah, it feels good, doesn’t it? that feeling you get when you’ve finished yet another mini, especially when you are super pleased with the results. On my forum, Chamber Militant, I had set a painting challenge for December. I pledged that I would paint up my zealous Chaplain who often heads up my Templar army. There is about 8 hours work in him, and I still have to base him. I have to say that I have really enjoyed painting him. The mini is pretty bad ass all round (the casting I mean). The pose is awesome and he looks thoroughly imposing, and pissed off! You may notice that I also added one of my fave items from the Black Templar armory – the Holy Orb of Antioch. Then thoust shall count to 3…

I give you – Chaplain Vargo of 2nd Company:

I may try and get my Emperors Champion done as well, although I do have a landspeeder thats half-finished, so I should probably go with that….

Impending international campaign coming up, which I am really looking forward to. The forces of Chaos have attacked Imperial Compliant worlds, so now the gloves are off! more on that to come!

Cheers

Paul

Forces of the Imperium – Ave Imperator!

I have, indeed, been working behind the scenes, and I wanted to post some finished pieces instead of all the WIP posts that have peppered WCF recently. I have set myself monthly goals, with certain minis to be completed in one month. This is the minimum, and if I can get more done, well, thats obviously a bonus. If I can complete my quota per month, then I reward myself by taking me and my long suffering girlfriend out for a sushi dinner. A fair trade, methinks? 🙂

This month’s objective was to complete any 3 Sisters of Battle and 5 random Cadian troops which are to be inducted Imperial Guard in my SoB forces. I decided against the usual green/brown scheme for the Cadians, and opted for an urban camoflage scheme that befitted the cityscapes that me and the lads usually fight across. They will get insignia on the shoulder pads, but i’m waiting for the new Imperial Guard Codex this weekend before deciding on what to have.  As we have already seen with my other Battle Sister, the colors for The Ancient Order of the Exalted Saint Boudicea is purple and cream. I completed 2 heavy weapons and one bolter Sister. I decided on this self imposed monthly ‘quest’ a couple of weeks ago, so I had limited time to complete them. Hopefully in the upcoming months I will be able to finally knock some sizeable holes in my ‘to do’ list. See what you think, and, as always, c+c are welcome!

Completed! the AoBR Dready!

By the Emperors Y-Fronts I thought this thing would never get finished! I estimate 10-15 man hours spent on this, from sprue to the finished item. It totally made me sure that I would NEVER want to paint another AoBR dread, EVER!

So, here it is! C=C welcome!