Indeed, another project I managed to squeeze in when I had a spare few moments. As I mentioned earlier today, I picked up the Chaos Terminator Lord, and I have to say, it is a beautiful and spectacularly decadent mini to put together. I wanted him to be bombastic and looking ready to deal out some serious pain. I was having a hard time deciding what weapons to give him, as I loved all the combinations. In the end I decided on giving him lightning claws, as I figured the prospect of getting up close and personal with this guy would be truly terrifying. I added the cape and the spikey racks to add to the general air of malice that exudes from every weeping pore. Why not put him on the over-the-top chaos rubble base too, to add some extra height? so I did! it also allowed me to position him so it looks as though he’s about to jump over and start leathering the poop out of some poor, unfortunate sap. I was thinking that if it was any good, maybe even entering it into Golden Demon next year. Anyhoo, check out the pictures and see what you think!
Song of the moment: ‘Utopian Blaster’ By Cathedral 🙂
Wow! what a busy holiday break! I think I need a vacation….
Added to the already swelling ranks. Newest additions to the mini collection are:
Box of Black Templar Sword Bretheren
Chaplain in Terminator Armor
Black Templar upgrade kit
Box of Sternguard Veterans
Forgeworld Death Guard conversion set
Forgeworld Apostate Preachers of Nurgle
Forgeworld upgrade kits for Black Templar Terminators
Forgeworld Black Templar Venerable Dreadnaught
So, plenty to keep me busy into the new year and beyond! I also picked up a Chaos Terminator Lord, the plastic boxed figure, and have already assembled it, and GS’d it too! He is now a grim and bloated Chaos Lord of Nurgle. I’ll post pictures up soon. I need to get on board with all my other projects!
The work on the Nurgle Rhino is finally done. and ready for priming! In total there is about 5 hours work on this, and thats after the basic body was built. I finished the GS-ing last night, with the addition of the Nurgle icon eyeballs, and a couple more patches of goo. I added a couple of patches of sand as well here and there, which will be painted up like some sort of crusty disease when I paint it. The only thing I need to do now is glue a spike on the (ex)Death Korps chap…
In between all my other projects I have been working on my friends Rhino. He had the basic shell assembled and he gave me assorted bits to use on there. So, I think I am almost at the ready line to start painting. There are a few flash lines I need to trim, but other than that, I think it’s pretty much there. I still want to add a spike to the top of the Death Korps guys helmet, to keep in with that WW2 feel that the Plague Marines have. The colors will be the usual greens and browns, with exposed and rusted metal, and some glazes of yellow and brown for that truly virulent look.
I recently went in on the Assault on Black Reach set with my buddy. He snaffled the Orks and a couple of SM bits and I had the remaining Space Marine figures. I want to do a Black Templar army and figured this would be a good way to get some troops and whatnot.
First up on the construction block is the dreadnought. The snap-fit assembly of the AoBR stuff is great, although some gaps are apparent. There is still a part of me that thinks that these snap-fit mini’s are somewhat ‘cheap’, but slowly I am suppressing that train of thought.
This fella was put together very quickly, and was very easy to do. I yoinked a couple of pieces from my Space Marine Battle Force sprues to add on as well. Unfortunately the casting of this dreadnought is such that unless you are prepared to do some really, and I mean really, intense converting, repositioning etc, he is in a kinda boring pose.
I added a couple more purity seals, a scroll on the left arm/shoulder area, a loin cloth and a banner. I am still undecided as to whether or not I should add a smoke grenade launcher just in front of the banner pole.
I added a couple of pieces of debris to the base, not too much, as I don’t want it to detract from the final model. I have some ‘green-stuffing’ to do and some battle damage that I want to add as well. Watch this space for further developments!