Yes indeed. I decided to have a go at hosting a forum, for all you gamers and hobbyists out there to come together and talk about anything hobby related. The page is only a couple of days old, and is still being moved and tweaked here and there, but please stop by, register (it only takes a minute) and join in!
By the Emperors Y-Fronts I thought this thing would never get finished! I estimate 10-15 man hours spent on this, from sprue to the finished item. It totally made me sure that I would NEVER want to paint another AoBR dread, EVER!
So, here it is! C=C welcome!
I have started working on my Black Templars Dreadnought. I had already painted the one arm, but was not happy with the highlighting, so I went over it all again last night. I only painted a small part to get a feel for the black highlighting process. Now that I have a formula I am happy with, I will continue with the rest of it. In the meantime, here is what I have done:
I’m pleased with how he’s looking so far. However, that being said, I don’t think i’ll ever want to paint another AoBR dready, as there is something about it that makes it feel like a toy more than a model. The plastic its made from seems harder and more unforgiving than the regular boxed sets. More to come!
Wow! what a busy holiday break! I think I need a vacation….
Added to the already swelling ranks. Newest additions to the mini collection are:
- Box of Black Templar Sword Bretheren
- Chaplain in Terminator Armor
- Black Templar upgrade kit
- Box of Sternguard Veterans
- Forgeworld Death Guard conversion set
- Forgeworld Apostate Preachers of Nurgle
- Forgeworld upgrade kits for Black Templar Terminators
- Forgeworld Black Templar Venerable Dreadnaught
So, plenty to keep me busy into the new year and beyond! I also picked up a Chaos Terminator Lord, the plastic boxed figure, and have already assembled it, and GS’d it too! He is now a grim and bloated Chaos Lord of Nurgle. I’ll post pictures up soon. I need to get on board with all my other projects!
Thats it for now, have a great New Year!!
I recently went in on the Assault on Black Reach set with my buddy. He snaffled the Orks and a couple of SM bits and I had the remaining Space Marine figures. I want to do a Black Templar army and figured this would be a good way to get some troops and whatnot.
First up on the construction block is the dreadnought. The snap-fit assembly of the AoBR stuff is great, although some gaps are apparent. There is still a part of me that thinks that these snap-fit mini’s are somewhat ‘cheap’, but slowly I am suppressing that train of thought.
This fella was put together very quickly, and was very easy to do. I yoinked a couple of pieces from my Space Marine Battle Force sprues to add on as well. Unfortunately the casting of this dreadnought is such that unless you are prepared to do some really, and I mean really, intense converting, repositioning etc, he is in a kinda boring pose.
I added a couple more purity seals, a scroll on the left arm/shoulder area, a loin cloth and a banner. I am still undecided as to whether or not I should add a smoke grenade launcher just in front of the banner pole.
I added a couple of pieces of debris to the base, not too much, as I don’t want it to detract from the final model. I have some ‘green-stuffing’ to do and some battle damage that I want to add as well. Watch this space for further developments!
For the Emperor!