I can’t believe that I hadn’t posted these, or maybe I had, but I couldn’t find them…
Anyhoo, to kick off 2011, our first contender is a WCF veteran, as he’s been on here from the start, my Nurgle Lord. I tend to do a little, and put him away, then come back and do some more… still, he seems happy enough, belching and farting in my gaming closet… This year, though, I’m aiming to have more completed stuff posted and not just dribs and drabs. This guy, though, is the exception. He didn’t do too badly in a game I had just before xmas either. yay!
You can see the PP ‘Bloodstone’ base that I use for the basis of my rusted metal here.
A brown ink was over the bloodstone gives it depth…
Boltgun metal, chainmail highlights and some chestnut ink to finish the job!
He’s getting there! Another couple of hours should get the job done. In the meantime though, I am working on my Black Templars Rhino.
I thought I had already posted these, but a quick look revealed otherwise. I have been slowly working on my Nurgle Lord, playing around with the corroded metal. I think I have found a way that I am happy with, although it may get a final wash to dull it down a little. I’m undecided as to what color to do his cloak. Maybe a deep, worn red? I even thought about possible a dirty, off-white, maybe a remnant of his former days as a Death Guard under the Emperor. Any suggestions?
and here is my first completed Black Templar, not too much to say except, err, wibble. 🙂
Well, thats about it for now. Stay tuned, and please, join up with Chamber Militant!
Yes indeed. I decided to have a go at hosting a forum, for all you gamers and hobbyists out there to come together and talk about anything hobby related. The page is only a couple of days old, and is still being moved and tweaked here and there, but please stop by, register (it only takes a minute) and join in!
OK, just a quickie before I go out for a game of 40K. I started on my Nurgle Lord the other night. I think i’m pretty happy with the armor color, but I want to experiment with some washes as well, check it out:
Hopefully I’ll get him finished this week. I’m pretty happy with how the helmet looks and i’m glad that I added the extra horns, as it makes him look a little more plaguebearer like.
By the Emperors Y-Fronts I thought this thing would never get finished! I estimate 10-15 man hours spent on this, from sprue to the finished item. It totally made me sure that I would NEVER want to paint another AoBR dread, EVER!
I have started working on my Black Templars Dreadnought. I had already painted the one arm, but was not happy with the highlighting, so I went over it all again last night. I only painted a small part to get a feel for the black highlighting process. Now that I have a formula I am happy with, I will continue with the rest of it. In the meantime, here is what I have done:
I’m pleased with how he’s looking so far. However, that being said, I don’t think i’ll ever want to paint another AoBR dready, as there is something about it that makes it feel like a toy more than a model. The plastic its made from seems harder and more unforgiving than the regular boxed sets. More to come!